I think i need some more information before i start some integration to handle few scenarios via the API.
- Is there any way to print the order as soon as it is imported? any Rule etc? If not, i suppose i would need to write something that scans the new orders and then print it locally. Could it be printed via API if there is no rule/automated printing as this will work with v-print etc?
- I can’t seem to be able find how to create shipping label via API. if its “create shipment” api then where do we define weight, dimensions and the service for the courier (24/48 hours etc)? the example of carrier_id.
- For mergeable orders, say there are 3 orders which could be shipped together, i planning to create shipment for first order and somehow get the tracking# and then update other two order with the same tracking. How do i do that?
feels like i am missing some API.
And last one, is there any api to create manifest for Royalmail shipments. I know there is a screen but want to know if there exists an api?
Thanks for raising this with the team.
- There is no way to automatically print an order when it is created by API. You can create a tool that scans for new orders, and gets the shipment label URL after it is shipped. The label URL is exposed as part of the shipment object on orders endpoint.
- The Shipping API allows this functionality, however it is in Beta and unavailable for US accounts. This is only possible for UK accounts. If you require this feature and are a UK account, please contact the support team to enable this for you.
- You can create a shipment using our shipments endpoint (This endpoint does not allow the creation of labels) but it allows you to enter a carrier and tracking information. Please see: API Docs - Veeqo Developers – It is currently not possible to get a list of mergeable orders. You will need to do some specific queries to determine which orders are mergeable based off delivery address.
- There is no manifests endpoint. Royal Mail Manifests are automatically generated by Veeqo, daily, with a Royal Mail Carrier Integration.
For more detailed documentation, you can see the Swagger Spec here: Build, Collaborate & Integrate APIs | SwaggerHub
Hope this helps!