Development Ideas

There are lots of requested features that don’t always make it onto our main Engineering Roadmap (sign in required).

While you can find a lot of them on receptive, with a bit of digging, I wanted to have somewhere that we can list requested features that we hear about from users and ideas of things that would make life that bit easier for everyone. This way any developer can pick them up and build them with our API for the App Marketplace.

Even if it hasn’t been requested directly by a user, but you have an idea that you think would be really interesting or useful then post it below!

It would be great if I could add my Veeqo products to Google and Bing’s merchant center accounts by way of API.
Of even if it could generate a simple csv feed that was access via a secure URL or FTP.
Additional product attributes would most likely be needed in order for this to work (Google Prooduct Category, GTIN, Brand, MPN, Condition, Age Group, Gender) to name a few.

Shopify has an app for this and its pants. You can’t even filter out Product Collections, it’s either one or all.
Woo plugins (the best ones) all cost money and lack basic filter functionality.
Magento solutions cost.
If I could code I would make this for Veeqo.

2 Likes

We are just starting to get to grips with Purchase ordering so some of what I’m suggesting may already exist but I’m yet to find it. Most of the time our product ordering is repetitive and nothing really changes from month to month.

I was hoping that when we arrived to create a PO we would have been able to select a Supplier and it immediately produces a list of their products and leading this list would be out of stock products that could easily be added to the PO and job done.

Currently it seems you have to first search for the products individually and then add the cost price, I also assumed that the cost price would be pulled through as that makes sense to me but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

If you have many products this can be an arduous task as we have found so making this easier is my suggestion.

If what I am saying here has already been discussed I apologise in advance.

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback! We’re actually releasing a brand new version of our PO feature very soon. It’s currently going through the internal testing phase and should be released as a Beta in the next few weeks.

PO V2.0 will have the exact feature you’re after where it will automatically populate a PO with products based on a stock level threshold and supplier. You’ll then be able to easily de-select any products you don’t want to include. I’ve added you to the feature suggestion for this using the email address attached to your Veeqo account. This way you’ll get an update as soon as it’s released!

In response to the “Cost Price” part of your question - In Veeqo we have a Supplier Cost Price and an Average Moving Cost Price. To have the cost price automatically populate in a PO you’ll need to make sure your supplier has a cost price set against each product first. Here’s a link to the help guide which shows you how to add the Supplier Cost Prices to your Veeqo Products

With PO V2.0 you’ll be able to add these cost prices in bulk via a CSV import.

If you need any more help with this please either use the Live Chat in our Help Centre or in your Veeqo App. :slight_smile:

Hi Mark,

Really appreciate you getting back to me and I’m pleased about the PO update. Thanks for the advice on the cost price. Just one question, we use woocommerce as our cart and is there any particular reason Veeqo does not pull cost price from there, I’m aware that’s a plugin but that would be handy.

Hey Ray,

Unfortunately Mark doesn’t check this Developer Forum that often. You’ll get a faster, more accurate response to your question about your Woo Commerce, Veeqo integration by sending your query directly to support.

Any API or development related questions I can answer here!

2 Likes

Hmm, I found that it would be great, if I can fetch quantity for each entity.
For example, I want to know, how many orders created during last week, how much of them are shipped and cancelled just using one request.
It really can help in some cases.

The best way to achieve this at present is to narrow down the scope of your request by specifying parameters then counting the number of objects in the returned response.

yeah, at it is not really efficient, if you have like 4k products.
I use pagination with 100 items per page, and I need to make 40 requests and count that.

This is cool, I’ve just learnt something new!

When you make a request, if you check the response headers there is X-Total-Count which should give you the information that you’re looking for!

great, thanx :slight_smile: